Vietnamese Pho Chicken Meatballs are absolutely delicious, healthy and actually quite easy to make. Follow my step by step instructions and you will be able to make them in no time at home for your family. Not only are they delish but they are healthy with absolutely no preservatives or flavor enhancers.
Please watch my other video
Vietnamese Chicken Pho Meatballs (Cách Làm Gà Vò Viên)
- 2 lbs chicken
(I use meat from chicken drum sticks here in this video but you can use chicken breast or thighs)
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 3 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- ½ tbsp Black Pepper
- ¾ tbsp Baking Powder
- 4 tbsp Ice Cold Water
- Put all the ingredients with the meat in a Ziploc bag.
- Massage the bag and give all the ingredients a good mix.
- Put the bag in the freezer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour; you want the meat to be very, very cold but not frozen. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. This is the secret to giving the meatballs its signature chewy and springy texture.
- Put in the food processor and PULSE for 20-25 times. You don't want to get the processor to warm up to much as that will get the meat warm. Cold meat is the key to give it a good texture.
- Scrap the meat down and then process the meat for about 1 minute. -Scrap the meat down again and process for another minute.
- If needed, process for another minute.
- Put the processed meat in freezer for about 10 minutes to get it nice and cold again. -Shape the meat into meatball shape by either using 2 small spoons. Or form about 1/2 lbs of meat into a log shape and squeeze the meat out to form the meatballs.
- Put the meatballs on a plate with some water and a few ice cubes. Water prevents it from sticking to the plate and the ice cubes will keep it nice and cold.
- Tip: Get your hands wet with some ice water so meat doesn't stick to your hands. -Bring pot of water to boil.
- Once water is boiling, put in the meatballs and cook for about 7-8 minutes.
- Put cooked meatballs in an ice bath to cool down, then drain water.