If you have always wanted to bake your own bread at home but were too intimated to do so, this is the recipe for you! This No Knead Bread recipe is about the easiest bread to make and absolutely delicious. You don’t need a standing mixer. As a matter of fact, you don’t even need to knead the bread. All you need are some pantry stables and the back of a wooden spoon and you are good to go.
To create a steam like environment for the bread to bake, I do recommend a Dutch oven or something similar.
If you don’t have that, you could use 2 baking forms and put them on top of each other to form an enclosed environment for the bread to bake. Or even easier, use any of your bakeware and cover it up with heavy duty aluminum to create a very similar steam like effect.
This dough is very forgiving so you can let rise for 8 hours or even up to 24 hours. As you can see, the amount of active yeast used is very little. So it takes time to rise but it is a perfect recipe to do the night before and bake the next day.
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1.5 cups Water (Room temperature)
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 TBSP Brown Sugar
- 1.5 tsp Kosher Salt
- ¾ cup Raisin (check label to make sure your raisins have no added sugar otherwise adjust amount of sugar used in this recipe)
- Combine all of the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Add water and use the back of a wooden spoon to combine all dry ingredients with water. Make sure to use room temperature water. This should take you less than 1 minute!
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and let it rest on the kitchen counter in room temperature for 8 hours or up to 24 hours. This dough is very forgiving.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of flour over the dough. Use back of wooden spoon to get some of the air bubbles out and combine dough with the flour.
- Transfer the dough into another bowl lined with parchment paper. You actually never touch the dough with your bare hands. How fantastic is that???
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Put your Dutch oven with its lid in the oven to get it super-hot.
- Once oven is at 450 degrees and your Dutch oven is nice and hot, transfer the dough WITH the parchment paper into the Dutch oven.
- Put the lid on.
- Bake with LID ON for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid.
- Bake with NO LID for another 10 minutes.
- Once baking time if over, take it out of the Dutch oven and let it rest.
- DO NOT CUT INTO THE BREAD at this time. While it is hot, the dough is still cooking.
- It takes about 30 minutes for the bread to be totally cool. Now you can cut into your homemade Artisan Cinnamon Raisin bread! Super Yum. ENJOY 😊