There is nothing better than eating fresh-baked bread that just came out of your home oven! And if you do not have a standing mixer, this No-Knead Bread Recipe is the way to go. You need only 5 simple ingredients (unless you count water as an ingredient 😊) and the back of a wooden spoon.
To create steam like environment for the bread to bake, I do recommend a Dutch oven or something similar. If you do not have that, you could use 2 baking forms and put them on top of each other to form an enclosed environment for the bread to bake.
If you have none of the above, just use whatever bake-ware available. The texture of the bread may come out a little different but it will be just as good. Just give it a try!
This dough is very forgiving so you can let rise for 8 hours or even up to 24 hours. As you can see, the amount of active yeast used is very little. It takes time to rise but it is a perfect recipe to do the night before and bake the next day.
No Knead Bread | Basic Recipe
- 300 g All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 0.5 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 cup Water (Room Temperature)
- 1.5 tbsp Avocado Oil (or any oil of your liking)
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add water and use the back of a wooden spoon to combine all dry ingredients with water. Make sure to use room temperature water. This should take you less than 1 minute!
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and let it rest on the kitchen counter in room temperature for 8 hours or up to 24 hours. This dough is very forgiving.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of flour over the dough. Use back of wooden spoon to get some of the air bubbles out and combine dough with the flour.
- Transfer the dough into another bowl lined with parchment paper.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Put your Dutch oven with its lid in the oven to get it super-hot.
- Once oven is at 450 degrees and your Dutch oven is nice and hot, transfer the dough WITH the parchment paper into the Dutch oven.
- Bake with LID ON for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid.
- Bake with NO LID for another 8- 10 minutes (depending on your oven – my oven needs 8 min to get the crust nicely brown and crusty)
- Once baking time if over, take it out of the Dutch oven and let it rest. DO NOT CUT INTO THE BREAD at this time. While it is hot, the dough is still cooking. It takes about 20 – 30 minutes for the bread to be totally cool.