Eating a Teriyaki dish in most restaurants is probably not the healthiest choice nowadays. The sauce is loaded with sugars and oils. But it shouldn’t be this way. Teriyaki sauce is probably one of the easiest sauce you can make at home.
The list of ingredients is short and simple and the process itself can’t get any easier than this. If you are a novice in the kitchen or an expert, you should definitely give this recipe a try. You can use this recipe as a sauce, a glaze or as a marinade. Make a bigger batch! This Teriyaki sauce will keep in the refrigerator for weeks.
You can use this recipe as a sauce, a glaze or as a marinade. Make a bigger batch! This Teriyaki sauce will keep in the refrigerator for weeks.
Easy Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
- 2 TBSP Sugar
- 2 TBSP Water
- 2 TBSP Light Soy Sauce
- 2 TBSP Mirin
- 2 Pieces Medium Size Salmon Fillets
- Mix all the ingredients (water, mirin, sugar, and low sodium soy sauce) and whisk thoroughly to dissolve the sugar.
- Let’s cook this simple yet delicious teriyaki sauce for salmon. Stir the sauce thoroughly to get all the sugar in the pot and bring the sauce to a boil for 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Set the sauce aside, change pan and sear the salmon over medium heat. Flip it over once one side has been seared for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add the teriyaki sauce. Keep pouring the sauce over the salmon fillet until flaky, juicy and cooked through.
- You can now add your desired toppings and serve.